1. After 1-2 hours remove any bandage or plastic wrap applied by your artist.
2. Wash tattoo with warm water and mild soap, pat dry. DO NOT RE-BANDAGE!
3. Apply a very small amount of Aquaphor ointment and rub into the skin. Aquaphor can be found in the lotion section of most drug stores (Walgreens, Rite Aid, etc.)
4. Continue to wash tattoo and apply a very small amount of Aquaphor or A&D ointment 2 or 3 times a day for 2 weeks.
5. Keep tattoo out of pools, spas, hot tubs, lakes or oceans for at least 3 weeks.
6. Keep tattoo out of direct sunlight or tanning booths for at least 3 weeks.
7. After tattoo is healed, use a good sunscreen to ensure longevity.
8. Keep tattoo away from dirt, grease, or chemicals.
9. Avoid wearing clothing that rubs or irritates the tattoo while healing.
10. DO NOT PICK AT SCABS OR FLAKING SKIN!!! Picking at scabs can actually pull the pigment out of the skin and lead to permanent scarring.
While your tattoo is healing, it should feel like a sunburn; however, you are advised to consult a physician at the first signs of an adverse reaction including: swelling, infection, illness, fever or allergic reactions.
A tattoo can only be removed with surgical or laser procedure. Any effective removal may leave scarring.
The first 3 weeks after getting a new tattoo are the most critical. A tattoo is forever, it is worth 3 weeks of care.
If you have any questions regarding the care of your tattoo, please don't hesitate to contact me. I will be happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have.